Monday, January 31, 2011

Group Discussions

 There are times when we hear something,or remember something, and we smile.It could be anything.When i hear or remember russel peters,i smile.When i hear politicians demanding the names of black money culprits..you know,it makes me smile.Similar the case when i hear the word "group discussions"..

Damn it makes me smile or what ;). And when i say GD's,it could mean the GD's conducted in colleges for recruitment,or the shows like the "big fight" and shit like that. For time being,lets just see into the GD's conducted by companies during the process of selection.

Now i am not saying everyone are the same,but most of the companies are the same when it comes to picking people in GD's. You got to be good at initiating,you got to take lead,you need to be good at this and that blah blah blah.

I was in a GD,conducted by a reputed MNC,who gave a case,which had a cluster of famous people(in the case that is),like a doctor,engineer,astronaut,student,politician etc etc.All these assholes were supposedly very fair,ethical and have contributed towards the development of the society.Well the student was also a bright guy with outstanding acads and shit.Now all these assholes were in a plane together which was about to crash and there's just one parachute that can be used to save just one ass. Whom would you possibly save and why was what the case was all about.

Personally,i hated this case.It didn't make me sense to me.I was smiling within myself but not showing it on the outerside.Here you have all nice guys stuck in one plane,and you had to save one.Well i say,throw the parachute out and let all the fuckers die.I know that they did not willingly board that plane to crash themselves,but if this situation were real,i know none of those dudes would be willing to save the other risking their lives. What made me say that..hmmm lets think..its a hypothetical situation right,so i can say whatever the fuck i want to,or better...its my blog..so suck it.

Anyway,I couldn't say this because just like all of them,i was a poser too.Even i went saying i would save the student,not because i wanted to save him,but only coz i was like everybody else in the group trying my luck.I know even the others would have felt the same way.No problem.

Now,again,a purely hypothetical situation,agreed.Maybe this is what it takes to be in the corporate(and i pity if this is what it takes to be in a corporate).You know you had to take a stand and speak up so that companies could analyze your communication skills, your ability to adapt in a do or die situation like this. So here we had people starting up saying that they are going to save this guy,that guy etc etc.Now here's some points for you.If people think that factors like initiation,or giving the other guy a chance to speak,or concluding, or any other accessory shit like this displays leadership qualities,then i think you are a douche.

There were times in GD's when me and most of my friends laughed and laughed talking through the GD,post GD.I seen people "giving the chance" for other's to speak during GD's.I was personally a victim of such situation.Its not that i couldn't speak,its only that i didn't want to.Well,thank you asshole for showing such care for me,was what i felt.And conclusions,wow,i seen people giving multiple conclusions.A movie has one ending,a game has one ending.But GD's that i have seen had two three or more conclusions.One guy says "we can conclude by saying blah blah blah",the other one doesnt want to feel left out,so he says"adding to your conclusion,i am concluding blah blah blah",adding to his conclusion blah blah blah...and adding to all their conclusions i was thinking  "fuking stop it man".

People argue and argue and argue,and here i was watching the big fight live in front of me.Arguments lead to multiple conclusions like the above.You think you won,but you also left yourself a spot in my blog.Yeah,good job asshole.

Do speak, but speak sense...and i wish GD's were more realistic.Not cases like whether corruption could be eliminated in India or Cricket should be banned in India.I know they will not happen and i hate time being wasted among people discussing shit like these,just because you could analyze peoples thinking or communication skills.
 
Thats about it.

PEACE






























2 comments:

  1. thanks for the blog ra. it made me recall all those incidents during our gds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never paused to give a thought about what you are saying. All through it appeared as raw thoughts swirling in the brain. Hope this is what you have put into this post. I liked it. Man, you are connecting to your readers' thoughts. Great job.

    ReplyDelete