Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Teacher


Now I’ve given a lot a thought about how I should start this. I’ve eaten away the time considerably and my laziness has ensured it prevailed over me every time. But for a change even my laziness is bored with me and has gone for a walk, and so now I began typing.

I was wondering if I should take a cue from Zuckerberg’s (Google if u don’t know) online diary and start off by calling someone a bitch. And then swear swear and swear. But then I realized that if I am typing this shit, it’s only because of the people I hated most.

Maybe I was being too rude or was jumping the gun by concluding that there were a certain type of people I hated, but maybe I was trying to project the good boy image to make it more soothing. I’ve given it some thought and I say “fuck it”. If I can’t say what I really want to say in my own world, then I could as well go fuck myself.

Now being a college student myself, and having seen the faculty around me, there are some things that would piss of even non living things. It can piss you so bad that right now I can feel my keyboard getting hotter, burning with anger. 

To begin with, one funny thing about the teachers (that’s how i like to call them, take it or leave it) now a days is where they try to explain shit that they don’t really know about. In the process what they are doing is, not only giving out wrong information, but their lack of knowledge leads them to pick on students to pass of their time.

A teacher trying to cook up and bullshit the students through “the lecture” always look for the slightest of chance where they prey on the students to commit a mistake or something where they can take the student to task.

Say after a hard night, you wake up in the morning and drag your ass to a bullshitting class. Having the hard night that you really had, you just lean back in your chair. Having the amazing predator instincts that the teacher has, he or she is preying on to find the scapegoat so that they can rest for later..and bingo they latch on to you. Now this would be the most comforting aspect and a relief to the teacher who was finding it hard to cook up new bullshit. Now the next one hour would be a session on how the teacher asks you to leave the class, and you don’t. I know you want to leave, but you can’t.  That’s the beauty of our system. Because if you leave, the teacher would find this as a major weapon to knock you off every day, thereby passing of the time .Further he or she quizzes you about that bullshitting class. Now I know there’s no way you are going to listen to that bullshit, but even then you give them an answer, the right one, but that’s not what they want to hear.

If you say 2 plus 2 equals 4 and you are happy about it, they want to hear it as 1 plus 3 equals 4 as that’s what they been bullshitting about. So the next one hour would be this kind of session and also a bit on your parent’s money and your future. And then the buzzer rings...class dismissed. Done for the day.
What I’m trying to say is that an educated teacher wouldn’t give a damn if the kid is leaning back or doing any other stuff, because a good teacher always grasps the attention of the students. Now let me make one thing clear—“not every educated person is supposed to make a good teacher”. Just because you got 10 degrees to your head, doesn’t make you a good teacher. Similarly not every good teacher is supposed to be highly qualified or educated.

A good teacher grasps attention, a bullshitting teacher demands attention. That’s about it.

I never care about the endings but I feel it has to be realistic, and that previous line is.

Hey, I see my laziness coming back again after having a walk. Now this is the first time I’ve written shit like this, so feedback is appreciated, and i would take it positively because frankly, I don’t give a shit.

PEACE

9 comments:

  1. u don’t give a shit. U give many.!

    If your lazyness gets more frequent walks., we can say KKsaidso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that someone's asked for a feedback, just that the feedback which stands at 'freaking awesome' in itself warrants a space in this column, tucked away at some bottom corner speaks of how good the blog is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know ur feelings dude.. ofcourse even i feel the way u think.. Awesome N interesting thoughts from ur hidden heart... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Strong thoughts buddy. I am surprised, yet intrigued about how else would a teacher engage the class for a duration of one hour. There were occasions where I personally felt one hour was just too long. The duration should have been like 20-30 minutes after which the student does some activities... well-designed by the instructor. What do you say?

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice 2 hear frm you sir.

    sir,there were instances where i felt 1 hour was way too short..and 1 hr as 1 ful day of hammering...and frankly i dnt see the use of 1hr classes either here..its way 2much and i agree wen u say the student must be involved in some activities.

    the question is...what if the student doesnt like those activities..as a teacher how are you going to get his attention..grasp it?or demand it?i leave that to you

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a puzzling question KK. In an organisation, should we talk about freedom of exercising the choice? If we should, is the organisation mature to handle multiple choices? That one question leads to many different questions at different levels. Organisation here is the educational institution.

    I remember, there were days when I said, when you enter an organisation, you leave your fundamental rights and park your footwear outside. I am not sure if that is a reality we need to live with. Having said that, I must tell you, I have been a part of organisations where choices are exercised at will. I mean, the employers are also called at-will employers (:)). So there is a possibility of giving the student what he likes, but is it possible now is not known (rather known but not spoken about!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its not about how long is the session or how long is the day, its all about teacher or a student. if a person is not able to grab the attention of the students, he is not fit to become a teacher and if the student dont give a damn to a teachers lecture better you quit the class which will not effect it.

    unfortunately because of the scarcity of lecturers in the colleges, government of india brought 6 pay commission because of which the salaries of the teachers will increase, because they thought that people who are going for diff jobs may be attracted by this salary and may be join as lecturers.why all this crap information is that this is one reason why maximum number of people want to become teachers and with their half knowledge confusing the students.

    Most of the teachers know how much knowledge they have, but they will not regret to teach the students with half or no knowledge which will affect the student future, they think that the management gave this subject to me and i will teach them though it is not relating to his/her line of teaching, they will not ask the management to give respective subject, because they think that they will be degraded from other teachers, result everyone of us know "student= bakra".

    They will not complete their work, but they will give you additional works which is of no use.if u are close to teacher man you will get full marks and if you are not you will not get any.I often smile on people who do every possible thing to get marks *******,and if you ask any question to them you are done from that day, but they asks every student to post the qsn, but for understanding the answer from them we need to use compilers to translate for understanding.

    i dont wanted to waste my time, but done because i thought im wasting 7 hours every day, wasting half an hour is very less.

    if he/she thinks that he/she is in teaching proffession for the betterment of the future of india, i will bow down on their legs and if they are for their own benefits, i will tell them you dont have a right to stand infront of me, you have other job waiting.

    "views describes above are personnel", if you think they are not, i dont give a damn.

    copyrights reserved @2010

    ReplyDelete
  8. dude i will tell u my experience wen i was in my school.

    frm 5 to 8 class ive studied in a schhol, our principal name was "savitri", i was a average student then and my medium of my instruction was telugu.

    she wanted me to learn english because of its value, but she didnt stopped saying it, everyday morning my teachers used to teach me in telugu but in the afternoon she personally used to teach me english(only for me). After school also she used to take me to her home and helping me out to learn it. everyone of us were paying the same fees to her but she particularly helped me out to over come my problem. she had not done any "phd" or any other "so called degrees" but she had the heart to teach her students.

    now i can proudly say because of only her(my teacher) im doing all these courses.

    she is next to my mother.

    "this is wat a teacher can do"

    ReplyDelete
  9. firstly i wud thank guna for sharing his experience. It was an inspiring one.

    Even I would like to contribute to this discussion. I would say

    "If a teacher just before entering a class would think what he is going to contribute to his/her students, he would definitely help them in improving"
    you all may know : one should not compare with others but with thyself.
    At the end of the day one should be able to say I am better today than yesterday by learning soandso. This principle is for everyone, not only students but also teachers.
    "You are dead the moment you stop learning"
    "Life is all about learning"

    ReplyDelete